A woodworking apron is one of those essential items you’ll want in your woodshop. There are dozens of different woodshop aprons on the market. You’ll find leather aprons, canvas aprons, and woodworking aprons with pockets and some without. So which one is the best woodworking apron? In our woodworking apron review, We’ll take a look at 5 we consider the best woodshop aprons available.
Best Woodworking Apron – Editor’s Top Pick
- BUILT-TO-LAST: Build quality that imitators can't match! Handcrafted from water resistant & rugged 16 oz waxed canvas....
- ALL DAY COMFORT + CUSTOMIZED FIT: Prevent neck pain with our adjustable cross back strap design. Full coverage bib apron is...
- VERSATILE TOOL POCKETS: Large, easy access tools/accessories pockets in front (8 x 6.5 inch each, accommodates carpenter's...
The Hudson Durable Goods waxed canvas apron is our top pick for best woodworking apron for many reasons. This canvas apron is water resistant and handcrafted with 16 oz waxed canvas. It is reinforced with gun-metal heavyweight grommets and rivets.
The tool pockets are very strong as they are double-stitched. The top an bottom hems are thick to add strength and structure to this woodworking apron.
One of the biggest complaints we hear about woodshop aprons is the neck pain. This Hudson apron prevents that by using a cross back strap-design.
The tool pockets are large (8 by 6.5 inches), easily accessible, and strong. The chest pocket lets you store your cell phone and pencils for easy retrieval.
The canvas when first used is a bit stiff but that is expected from this woodworking canvas apron.
Once you’ve used it several times it will break-in and become more comfortable.
Readywares Waxed Canvas Woodworking Apron
- QUALITY MATERIALS : Very sturdy 20oz waxed cotton canvas, cotton/poly straps.
- 12 POCKETS + 2 HAMMER LOOPS: Plenty of durable pockets to hold your tools, nails, pencils, and phone. Double layer hammer...
- FITS SMALL-XXL: The straps are adjustable to fit many body types.
The Readywares Waxed Canvas apron is another excellent canvas apron you can use in your woodshop.
It is made with 20 oz waxed canvas and cotton/poly straps.
The straps are adjustable. Its got 12 pockets and 2 hammer loops. The pockets are very durable and can hold your tools, pencils, nails and a phone.
This woodshop apron has an easy on and off feature. Simple unsnap the buckle located in the back and lift the apron over your head.
Overall the Readywares canvas woodworking apron is a solid buy and one you will be happy with.
Texas Canvas Wares Waxed Canvas Woodshop Apron
- RUGGED AND FASHIONABLE - Constructed by hand with premium materials and hardware with meticulous attention to detail. Premium...
- CRAFTED WITH YOU IN MIND - Merging function and style, this apron has cross-back straps to relieve neck pressure. Removable...
- VERSATILE - Apron measures 27 in. wide and 34 in. tall for a universal fit. Large tool pockets measuring 7 x 7 in. easily fit...
This woodshop apron is indeed rugged. It is manufactured with premium 16-ounce water-resistant waxed canvas. Premium hardware is used for the steel rivets and grommets. Attention to detail can be seen in this woodworking apron.
Features include cross-back straps that virtually eliminate neck pressure. For additional comfort, shoulder pads have been added.
The pockets are designed with flaps to keep dust out. The large tool pockets which measure 7″ by 7″ are large enough to fit most tools you would want to keep in your pocket.
There is a 5-inch cell phone pocket as well as an additional chest pocket for pencils and markers.
There are some who consider this woodshop apron a bit too rigid however, those are just a handful of buyers. Overall the apron is well liked.
Bucket Boss 80300 Duckwear Shop Apron
- 18 oz. Duck wear canvas
- Full coverage for home or shop
- Quick release belt that fits up to 52" waists
Made with 18-ounce lightweight duck wear canvas, the Bucket Boss is an affordable woodworking apron. The quick-release belt and padded shoulder strap make it easy to remove and comfortable.
It comes with one large waist pocket suitable for tools, and one bib pocket for pencils and markers.
The Bucket Boss apron canvas is not very thick so it does have a somewhat limited use. In addition, the pockets are not very deep so tools do tend to fall out when you lean over. The apron fits nicely on most folks due to the adjustable strap.
Overall a relatively OK woodworking apron for light duty use.
NoCry Professional Canvas Woodshop Apron
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS AND STURDY CONSTRUCTION - Made from strong and waterproof 600D Oxford Canvas. Straps are double sewn...
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT AND PROTECTION - Protects clothing against spills and yourself from flying debris. Ergonomically...
- EASILY ORGANIZE YOUR TOOLS - With 16 tool pockets, you can quickly and safely organize your hammers, screws, pencils, knives...
If you are looking for a good apron with lots of pockets the NoCry canvas work apron is the one. 16 tool pockets are available for your use, Use the pockets to organize everything from tools to screw.
The apron is made from 600D Oxford canvas and it is waterproof. For extra strength and durability, the straps have been double-sewn.
The NoCry woodworking apron is completely adjustable to fit both men and women.
This apron is also for light use in the shop. It is not fire-proof so welders or grinders should not be used while wearing it.
Pinnacle Leather Shop Apron
- Leather apron
- 21" x 27 Length
- Two breast pockets - one sewn for pencils and the other large enough for your safety glasses
This Pinnacle shop apron is all leather. It has two breast pockets one for your pencils and the other for your safety glasses.
The two lower pockets have flaps to keep wood chips and dust out.
The shoulder straps on the Pinnacle leather shop apron are fully adjustable, however, the neck strap is not adjustable but is large enough to fit most people.
The quality of workmanship can be seen in this leather apron. As compared a canvas apron a leather apron most likely will provide a bit more protection. This is especially true if you are working with tools or material that might create a puncture such wood chisels or metal.
Make Your Own Custom Woodworking Apron
All of the shop aprons above are excellent and will serve you well. However, the best woodworking apron might just be a custom one. For those of you who might be interested in making your own, the video below will guide you.
Another woodshop necessity is hearing protection. View our top-rated earmuffs and earplugs for the woodworking. And don’t forget about our favorite woodshop tool the cordless jigsaw.
Last update on 2018-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API